Teacher Professional Development 2012
26 August 2012
The Australian Curriculum - Dance
This workshop/forum discusses the advent of the Australian Curriculum and the delivery of Dance as one of the subject areas due for implementation in schools in 2013.
The PD is open to all teachers involved in the teaching of dance in schools (primary and secondary). Presenters are to be confirmed but will involve speakers from Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL), the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD), The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) and Ausdance.
We will discuss:
- The curriculum development process
- The Professional Standards for Teachers
- The support services and documents provided by ACARA and AITSL
CUA11 Live Performance Training Package - This session will look at:
- The new VET in the VCE from the new Training Package
- What units of competency have been selected and
- Where teachers can get support and advice.
Presenters are to be confirmed but will involve speakers from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA), Skillhub Victoria and Ausdance.