FLING Physical Theatre
Name: FLING Physical Theatre
Address: Bega Indoor Stadium, Carp St, Bega, NSW
Traditional Owners: Yuin Nation
About FLING Physical Theatre
FLING Physical Theatre is a youth dance organisation based in the Bega Valley, on the far South Coast of NSW. Founded in 2001, FLING provides opportunities for young people to work with local and visiting professional artists to create original contemporary performance projects. FLING’s core program is the FLING Company with performers aged 14—18, who are involved in the creation and presentation of major projects, which have toured within the Bega Valley region and beyond. FLING also provides two younger company programs YFLING and FLUX Creators for ages 7—14, and delivers broad reaching Community Engagement, Outreach and Education programs.
FLING projects are diverse in content and style, providing a broad range of arts experiences, inspiring and engaging our community as performers, makers and audience. We give voice to regional perspectives, creating culturally ambitious work that is relevant beyond our regional context.
- Large Indoor Sports Centre Venue
- 25m x 34m / 850m2 (Large Indoor Basketball Court)
- COVIDSafe venue procedures in place
- Wooden sprung floor
- Some Natural Light
Available between July 19 and October 17, 2021
Fully accessible venue
Not available on site.
Accommodation provided by On Residence if required.
Getting there and around
Artist will need to drive their own car.
- Community engaged practice
- Dance and physical theatre with young people
- Opportunities to explore content with the FLING Company
- Showing to public at end of residency
- Community Workshop Opportunities
- Meeting with the FLING team
- Connecting with the FLING community
Rob McCredie, Co Artistic Director